I don’t know where this week has gone. It started in San Francisco, and it ended on the other side of the country in Charlotte. Since I barely know what day it is, here are some highlights:
1. After two years of wearing glasses with paint chipped off that thankfully haven’t broken from the 100 times I’ve dropped them…I finally bought new glasses! A girl at P.F. Changs recommended Zenni Optical, which sells glasses online at an extremely affordable rate! I got these for $40! Glasses usually run around $200-400, so I was PSYCHED! I used to hate wearing glasses, but these make me look kind of like a hipster…maybe? :)
2. Even though we were in California for work, we did manage to take a day off and enjoy the places we honeymooned in last fall. We drove up the PCH from L.A. to San Francisco and got to swing by Big Sur. Big Sur is one of our FAVORITE places to visit because it is so beautiful/peaceful/natural/organic/….and has amazing food. I’m just going to put it out there: if any one ever gets married in Big Sur and wants to pay for my travel…I will shoot the wedding for free. No joke. I like the place THAT much.
3. On our road trip, there was construction in Big Sur. If you’ve ever been, you know that there is only one road through Big Sur along the cliff. Signs kept warning us that the road was closed, but I told Brendan that they had to have SOME way to get around. Apparently, the bridge was shut down 9-4, so you had to park your car and wait until they were finished. Thankfully, we had arrived around 3:00, so we turned around and went to one of the state parks and hiked. I couldn’t imagine a better place to get stranded!
4. We stopped at “our place” and took a replica of the one from our honeymoon. We promised to do this every time we go through Big Sur.
5. My website got a minor facelift today. Feel free to check it out!
Have a fabulous weekend!